Friday, February 10, 2017

Brave

Brave: Having or showing mental or moral strength to face danger, fear, or difficulty. Having or showing courage. - Marriam Webster 
Brave was my word I chose to ring in 2017 with. This year I have big plans for myself and that word fit me and my lifestyle best. I know its a bit late, but at the start of the year choose a word for yourself and when you encounter areas in your life where you may need a little push, remember why you chose it in the first place. 
My girlfriend snapped this photo of me while we were out in Colorado, see the mountains wayyy back there :) Well, when I saw this photo so many emotions came to me as a way to describe it: Lost, searching, finding, unknown, beginning, fulfilling, smiling, what if, confidence, comments & more. 
I purchased this camera about 3 years ago and just last summer is when I threw my hands up and started to dive in! But here is the real reason though, I was currently unemployed for a month in a half. That is not something I like to share, but its real and it happened to me. I had some pretty dark days and not so pretty moments, but with support + guidance I didn't let that situation define me and my path here on this earth. I chose to fill my heart and soul with something I love and learned how to use my camera. I often think of that time and it is a huge blessing, I gained confidence and before the end of the year I had 13 photo shoots lined up.  I could not be more grateful for the people who chose me to capture moments for them with photos. 
Coming back to the word Brave, that is what 2017 will be for me. To put myself out there, share my work, talent and dreams with the world. To not be afraid to fail + if I do to get right back up and try it again. I will never know the journey this could take me on unless I try! 
I encourage you all who are still searching to not give up. We all have a story of where we started or maybe some of you, like me are just starting. And like that we began, so cheers to the adventure ahead! 
XO,
Johanna 

No comments:

Post a Comment